1.18.2011

When Life Hands You Lemons...

make lemon scented laundry detergent...

My homemade Laundry Detergent

Found the recipe @ http://thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm

1/3rd bar Felz Naptha grated with a cheese grater, this smelled so good had a fresh citurs scent to it
1/2 Cup Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Borax I overflowed mine a little into the pan powder
* I added 3 droppers full of Lemon Essential Oil
you will also need a small bucket at least 2 gallons in size

First grate the 1/3rd of the bar of Felz Naptha (FN) enjoy the aroma :), Put it in a sauce pan add 6 cups of water and stir until the FN is melted. Add the Washing Soda and Borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups of HOT water into your bucket then add your soap mixture and stir.Now add 1 Gallon and 6 cups water ( = 22 cups) & stir. Let the soap sit for 24 hours to gel before the first use. I use a cup per load.

The soap should look like an egg drop soup. Kind of gross looking but it works GREAT!!! Jack had orange cheese stuff from some gold fish crackers on his shirt and it sat the weekend cause of being in the hospital and it took it all out. I was quite pleased. I'll keep you posted when I wash Paul's work pants.

The mix to make the Laundry Detergent cost $8.18 plus tax and I should be able to make at least 6 gallons of soap. So excited!!! And all I need to buy is more Fels Naptha you get 3 batches out of the FN and the Borax and Washing Soda many more...

I plan on making dish detergent and toothpaste soon....

As for Deodorant I am really liking the alcohol spray. I just got a spray bottle and poured rubbing alcohol in it and a few drops of Tangerine essential oil. Took about a week for the scent to take effect. When I am out of this I am going to try it with Hydrogen Peroxide which I was told works just as well. The only thing I don't like with the alcohol is the smell but it dissipates pretty quickly.


_______________________________________________________________

Well Friday handed me a bag of Lemons but we prevailed. I took Jack to the Dr Friday morning with a 102 temperature, the Dr told me she thought it was just allergies but sent me home with a script for Amoxacillin if the temp didn't go away by Saturday morning.

My Mr Tough Guy

I got home from the Drs to find out that my Debit Card number had been stolen. They had charges over $300, so I rushed to the bank and stopped the card, thankfully I did he tried to charge over $800 more. O love text messages from the bank telling me you're below the limit you want to be at. I resolved everything today. Thankfully!!! Tomorrow I file a police report.

Anyhow, Friday night we went out that night to run some errands and at 9pm Jack's temp went from low grade 99ish to over 103 in a matter of minutes which sent him into a seizure related to the fever. We rushed to the hospital as fast as we could. The seizure lasted 30 minutes and was the scariest 30 minutes of my life. He came out of it they did a CT scan and intubated him and EMS transported him to the hospital his neurosurgeon works out of. He woke up out of it at 3:30am with a smile and a Hi and started clicking his tongue and waving at the nurses after he extabated himself.  We came home from the hospital on Sunday today we followed up with his pediatrician. She said he definitely had a virus it's still working it's way out of him but the seizure was most definitely the fever... very common the Dr said. That makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm praying the virus stays away full fledged from the rest of us but I'm not feeling well either though mine could very well be stress related.

Double Peace!!!

Well as my daughter says... Peace Out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment