1.02.2011

Heading Home and Filled to the Brim

Are We Full Yet???
Are We Full Yet???.
We had Paul's Tahoe packed to the ceiling this morning. It was INSANE!!! the picture is blurry cause I took it with my cell phone but it's still a great picture. Thought it was perfect when I saw the cat on top and the dog had her face on Jack's lap but she moved. Thankfully when we got home I had enough energy to put 90% of it away. Now that we are home Lily seems to be lost without Dooley not sure what to do with herself. Thankfully my parents will be here Weds for a quick visit and the doggers can play again.

An Island Farewell
An Island Farewell
After 2 weeks on the island and yesterday feeling like Spring the Island got in gear for a proper winter farewell it was snowing like crazy and almost white out conditions for the first half of our journey home. I pray the snow keeps flying for the island as it will bring in a lot of snowmobilers and a lot of revenue. Man, I really didn't want to leave.

And The Sky Opened Up
And The Sky Opened Up
The sky opened up about the time we reached Grayling and the rays showered down from Heaven and the snow stopped. It was really pretty. And very welcoming to get rid of the white knuckles Paul had.

Getting my Rethink Reuse Recycle on....
Getting my Rethink Reuse Recycle on....
I put the fabric box on top of the fridge since I won't need it for traveling to the island for a few months. I am using it to hold all the containers I'll be saving to reuse for crafts or storage. 2011 will find a less wasteful me, I am shrinking my carbon footprint this year since I create more waste than most people I know, I hate to admit it. Isabelle was so excited for us to get our recycle bin, which pick up starts tomorrow, she was asking me what could go in it and kept trying to make trash so she could use it LOL, of course I wouldn't let her but this will be good for all of us. I just wish I had a compost barrell and a burn barrel and we'd hardly have any garbage. I think if we got a burn barrel where we lived we'd probably get fined a hefty fine or hauled off to jail LOL.... Maybe one day we can have one. Right now we don't have a spot for compost maybe this summer we can find room. I know Isabelle wants one so bad.

Domestic goddess in progress at work
Domestic goddess in progress at work
tonight after I unpacked and got the recycling bin going, instead of throwing out the old bread I cut up and layed it on drying racks to dry so I can make my own breadcrumbs. I also scrubbed and cleaned my shower walls while I was taking a shower, figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I also cooked up a veggie stir fry to go with the Smokehouse pizza from Wal-Mart my mom sent home with us. It was really good, I only had 1 small piece of pizza and a bunch of veggies, I sprinkled some feta cheese on both and was in Heaven :) My mom got me this book called the 400 Calorie Fix, http://www.400caloriefix.com/, I've been doing good reading it and marking pages and taking notes. There's some good info in there I want to start sharing as well. It's an awesome book and I highly suggest it to everyone!!!

Himilayan Ionic Salt Crystal Lamp
Himalayan Ionic Salt Crystal Lamp
My mom got me it for Christmas it's so pretty lit and it ionizes the air. To make it more affective I need to get another one for our bedroom but that's no problem cause Paul loves it and wants one for for his side of the bed too.

Anyhow this week holds a new schedule and lots of appointments. Tomorrow is crazy with 3 apts in a row for Jack but thankfully they are all in the same building. But this week I hope to get to the Grocery store to get the ingredients for the Homemade Laundry Detergent, when I make it I'll get pics and share my recipe. I have 2 I'm not sure which one I'll try one is for a liquid and the other a powder.

Well I'm exhausted and have to get up and start the school schedule all over again... Everyone have a great night, I'm off for a good night's sleep in my own bed, though I really miss the island I'm glad to be back in my own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment