1.05.2011

and the reason I'm "IN PROGRESS"...

Tortilla Crusted Chicken Breast


So last night I made tortilla-crusted chicken, I found on-line at http://citygrits.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/tortilla-crusted-chicken/
mind you I changed the recipe a bit, I will include it at the end.

Paul made his homemade salsa which I am not able to disclose his recipe for. I also put a large avocado into the food processor and added 1Tbs of Olive Oil and some of Paul's homemade garlic, onion, parsley salt to taste. I also stir fried up aasparagus, mushrooms and zucchini, I do not use oil or butter I always use the Olive Oil cooking spray because it adds no calories or fat to what I am cooking. I also made long grain wild rice but here is where the domestic goddess in progress comes in, I thought I turned the burner off and hadn't so it burned bad. Oh well the crust on the chicken added our starch to our meal. It turned out really yummy!

Tonight I need to find a recipe for pork chops, so if I do I'll share that with you later... Have a wonderful day!!!

Ingredients:
1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips


1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed


1/4 teaspoon ground cumin


1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


1 egg ( I omited the egg and used Olive Oil Cooking Spray for no calories)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast cut in half  or weighed raw to 4 ounces 3 ounces cooked
Shredded romaine (optional – I skipped this)


Salsa (optional – Editorial, I think it’d be a tad dry without this)


Avocado slices (optional – I skipped this as well) I mashed my avocado and put 1 TBSP Olive Oil and Garlic Salt to taste


Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a shallow dish combine tortilla chips, oregano, cumin, and pepper. ( I Omitted this part Place egg in another shallow dish; beat lightly. Dip chicken in beaten egg,) Spray chicken with Olive Oil Cooking Spray then coat with tortilla chip mixture.


( I also changed this part Arrange chicken in the prepared baking pan) Place chicken on a metal rack and lay  on top of the baking pan, just like I did with the fish in the blog before this there is a picture there. Bake about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F)



No comments:

Post a Comment