1.19.2011

What's for Dinner Tonight.....

Tonight, I decided to try something different for dinner. I have 3 boxes of pie crusts in my freezer so I decided to do my version of a meat pie. It turned out a mix of a pot pie and a pastie it was delicious... both kids had 3 helpings and Paul and I really liked it.

Dinner Tonight

Jen's Pot Pie...
2lbs of turkey burger
1 small onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
7 mini portobello mushrooms chopped
3/4 cup chopped asparagus
1 small zucchini quartered and chopped
Dried Oregano (about a palm full), Lawry's salt and garlic salt to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray skillet with vegetable oil cooking spray, cook the onions and the garlic then add the turkey burger cook till it's half cooked add the mushrooms and potatoes. When it's fully cooked add the asparagus and zucchini and mix. Place the uncooked pie crust in the pie pan put your filling in then place your top crust on top of the pie and cut your vent holes.Bake for 30 mins.

Would be good with gravy in it as well. Will try that next time and with chicken :) can't wait!!!

My take on a Pot Pie... (my own recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment