1.31.2011

Tomatoe-less Sloppy Joes

My family and I are not big fans of tomatoes so this is a perfect Sloppy Joe solution for us. I'm not sure where my mom got the recipe from but she's made them this way as long as I can remember. I am not a big fan of conventional sloppy Joes either.

The Makings of Tomatoless Sloppy Joes....

Super simple recipe:
1lb Meat of your choice, I use turkey burger
cook until it's almost cooked through
add 1 can of Chicken Gumbo soup per pound of meat
Then add 3 Tablespoons of Mustard and Ketchup per pound of meat.
Mix well and let set until a lot of the liquid is gone.
Serve, Eat and Enjoy!!!!

This is what the final product should look like before you put it on a bun or serve it with chips, which is one of my favorite ways to eat it....

Tomatoless Sloppy Joe's

I have to share if you saw my post from yesterday... note that I added more borax and washing soda to my recipe for the laundry soap... I was shocked to find that it had gelled by this morning but it's still supposed to work really well, I will keep you posted as to how much I like it or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment