1.03.2011

Daring to Do Dinner

Today was busy after having to take Jack to an eye Drs apt at 11:40 then having 40 mins to run to the bank, gas station and McD's for crappy drive through lunch to back to back OT and PT apts at 1 and 2. I finally got home with a huge headache and exhausted baby and mommy. But good news came with the exhaustion : Jack's turn and tilt of his head is getting a lot better the eye Dr said it's hardly noticeable and with his eye exam everything looks good. OT and PT went well too. Isabelle's first day back to school was a success too.


I wanted to do encrusted boneless chicken breasts for dinner but we didn't have any so I had Paul take some Mahi Mahi out, we bought on sale at Kroger a while ago. If you know me you know I don't like fish but I am trying to like it for its health benefits. So I broke all my dried bread up and put it in the food processor. Then added some Garlic Salt/Parsley mix and Toby Keith's I Love This Bar seasoning and mixed it.


Mix for Dinner


I was going to use just the Parmesan Shake N Bake I bought but it tasted strong so I added my own bread crumbs to it with a decent sized hand full of dill. Sprayed some non fat Olive Oil Cooking spray on the fish and coated the Mahi Mahi in the crumb mixture.


Homemade Parmesean Dill encrusted Mahi Mahi


I baked it for 25 mins at 350 degrees on a rack over my pan so it wouldn't sit in the juice, thanks to my hubby's suggestion, and it turned out so yummy. Paul ate seconds, Isabelle and Jack Loved it and I even liked it!!! We had a cabbage stir fry, rice and black bean mixture (which wasn't a favorite of mine but the other's liked it.). Paul also cooked up some venison which him and the kiddos devoured, I don't like the taste of venison and it's not the way it's cooked.


DINNER...


So dinner included the fish, beans with rice, pineapple salsa that was homemade but not by us, some homemade apple sauce my mom made and cabbage stir fry it was a good combination I ate all of it but some of the rice, it was good but too thick for dinner. Anyhow it was a yummy dinner and my 2nd time at cooking fish, I'd say it was a success!


Right now Paul is dehydrating Onions & Garlic to make a seasoning with Parsley and Sea Salt in it. It smells so yummy in the house. A couple of years ago my mom and dad got him a food dehydrator for Christmas and man have we used it like crazy. This year he got a pressure cooker for canning and a spice rack with empty spice canisters in it for his homemade spices he likes to make, in the summer he grows about 15 - 20 varieties of 100 pepper plants and is now making spices out of them. He's an amazing cook and has GREAT ides. My mom got him a few books too with lots of ideas in it. So excited to do all of this and have him doing stuff with me :)

Well it's after 10 can't believe how tired I am. Jack had PT at 8:30 in the morning and OT at noon so another day of running around this time to different places. So I am going to spend some time watching tv with my hubby so he doesn't feel neglected and then hit the hay!!! Good Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment