4.28.2007

Sheep Shearing


Today is a beautiful SPRING day!!!

I took Isabelle to a local park to see sheep get sheared and to stop by to support my best friend Em. She was there spinning her hand dyed wool. She is great at dying and spinning yarn. Heck, she's great at everything she does! Isabelle got to play with Jake on the playground and I got to visit with Em's mom and hold Tess, my god-daughter.
Isabelle was afraid at first of the sheep getting sheared. At first I thought it was from the buzz of the shearers, but then later I found out she thought they were hurting the sheep. We assured her that they were just getting their hair cut. When we were heading home she asked me why they were killing the sheep... so again, I reassured her that they were fine and they were just getting their hair cut.
Jake and Isabelle are getting closer, they love each other. It's nice to see them getting to know each other better. Isabelle is usually at school when Em and I hang out so it's nice that we've been able to get the kids together more.
Tess is adorable too, she's really gotten used to me, I get cuddles and hugs when I am holding her and she reaches out to come to me when I am around her. I love that, it's very special.
Anyhow, I suppose I should get back to my dishes and neglected housework from the last couple of days of scrapbooking. I just took what was supposed to be a short break from it to do this layout, which took me a lot longer than planned.
Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy Spring!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe shucks! Thanks for the sweet comments. I try! I need the pictures you got today! PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete