4.21.2007

Deep Thoughts

HAPPY WEEKEND YA'LL!!!
it is going to be gorgeous today!!!!

It's Saturday!!!
(Which doesn't really mean a whole lot to me)
My plans are to clean and go somewhere with my mom. Sounds exciting doesn't it!!! My Saturdays are usually like my Mondays - Fridays!!!

Yesterday, I went to fill out applications for jobs, I have expanded my search to part time now as well at least until I can find a full time one...
Anyhow, I found a bunch of places in the area hiring on-line at snagajob.com so I drove to these places thinking it would be better to do it in person.

I was sooooo wrong!!! You have to apply on-line!!! UGH, so back home I go. I spent over an hour on an application for the IMPRESS print center in Office Max which is actually looking for someone with design experience. I'm praying and crossing my fingers, it's part time but it's right up my alley and I can still be here for Isabelle more than I would with a full time job!!!

All I have to say is that I HATE the on-line process, they ask you at least 100 questions, some may be relevant while other's aren't at least for my age group. It's way too impersonal for me. What happened to the good old days when people met you face to face to find out about your character and work ethics.

You know this kind of makes me feel like a lot of people in their 60's and above may feel... Times are changing and I'm feeling like it's comparable to when we went from horse and buggy to the automobile... This is that time for me. The computer is great but I don't like how impersonal times are getting.

Just a Warning, I posted the next part mostly for a journal aspect, I actually started thinking about things and this is just my feelings and not the feelings of those around me... Everyone's entitled to their own opinion right?!?

Tuesday or Wednesday when we were watching American Idol, I made a comment to Paul about how defiant America is getting, especially with the whole mumbo jumbo about seeing how far people can get Sanjaya to go because he's the worst... OOOO That Howard Stern is awful for egging that on... People these days anger me with their mentality sometimes.
Sorry got off the point. Anyhow, I also commented on how I could see this generation... Isabelle's generation... how much more defiant it seems kids are these days. And I saw for the first time differences in characteristics of generations through the years.

I'm wondering if in the 60's and 70's the people that started all these go against the system, be against the government, women equality, burn your bras etc... etc... realized how bad it would be and the repercussions it would cause for future generations. And what a struggle it would cause on their children and grandchildren to raise their kids.
I'm not saying raising kids before wasn't hard, it's always been a struggle but I'm saying how I am noticing how history affects the generations. Each generation has their defiant group, and I know it's up to the parents to raise their children in the right direction, and I am struggling to do just that. It's just hard when I see my 5 year old doing, acting and saying things like I used to at age 12 or 13.

Anyhow, enough of my ramblings, I was just making a note more for a journaling purpose than anything. My realizations actually make me feel separated from this generation and with the one before it. I know it goes back to the whole getting older bit... I just have to wonder how people like my grandparents felt while watching the world progress the way it did. And now here in my point in life, I'm experiencing it as well. I feel as if I have to get on board or get left behind. In looking for a job and seeing how far things have come in 5 years, makes me feel like I'm left behind and need to get caught up as well. Anyhow... ramblings aside...

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment