8.20.2007

Too Cute



Last week, I watched my best friend Emily's kids Jake and Tess, the kids had a ball, I got a headache by the end of the day... But it was a great time. I was able to snap a couple of pictures though and I just love this one of Tess in Isabelle's sunglasses playing with her duster... It was so cute. And I snapped a pic of Jake and Isabelle actually sitting still and getting along. If they weren't riding the scooter fighting for a turn, they were playing with the other toys watching movies. They are so funny, sometimes they are complete angels when they are together. That day was middle of the road with them going back and forth. But all in all it was a good day and no one got hurt.


OK, so what is new with us... LOTS of home renovations!!! Finally!!! We emptied out the back room/office and unloaded it into my dining room, FUN let me tell you, tanning bed and all!!! My brother-in-law Jonathon has been working for us as well. Last week, we got the carpet pulled, 2 layers of border removed, walls mudded, primed and painted, trim primed and painted as well. Paul put the second coat of paint on the walls last night and tonight will be laying the carpet we got last February!!! FINALLY!!! I will have final pictures once I get it all in tact.
Isabelle and I are going up north on Friday for just over a week, while we are gone, Paul is going to finish touch ups and new paint and laying the new carpet, hopefully before we get back. That is going to be so very nice.
I finished going through the kitchen, 6 boxes for storage and a large box for purple heart later, it is finished all except new counter tops, new sink and fixture and a shelf for the microwave. Things are really starting to come along nicely. I am pricing out 12x12 granite tiles to redo the counters, I found a place on craigslist, if they have a color we like, it will be super cheap...
Paul is going to build a shelf above the stove for us to put the microwave above the stove to open up the counter space, so that will be nice.
Tonight as well, Paul said he is going to get the downstairs bathroom, which we gutted, mudded, sanded and painted, so that we can start loading in what needs to go down there. So pretty soon, the upstairs will be done, and I can focus on the downstairs. Our goal to get all this done is beginning of October and we seem to be on schedule. I am so happy that progress is being made.
In cleaning out the back bedroom, I came across my wedding dress which is still hanging there. I've been debating what to do with it. In searching the Internet, I found a non-profit organization that takes wedding dresses, and bridesmaid dresses and makes them into burial gowns for premature and young babies. I've decided to cut a back panel out of my dress to make something for Isabelle when she gets married like a purse or something and donate the rest for this. So I feel pretty happy about that. If you want to check it out, the website is http://www.marymadelineproject.org/
Well, need to get some work done. More later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment