8.21.2007

Sweet Addiction


Tonight I got to meet my all time favorite author:
Debbie Macomber.
I was very excited to find out she was doing a book signing at the Meijers about 20 minutes from my house.
It was awesome!
Her books are one of my
sweet addictions!!!
She said she liked that when I told her...
I only stood in line for an hour and a half, but it went by so quickly.The ladies I was standing in between, were great, the 3 of us talked all the way up to the front of the line. It was really nice, made the time go by so much faster.
She has a great trilogy:
1. The Shop on Blossom Street
2. A Good Yarn
3. Back on Blossom Street
All Awesome books,
before you read book 3, read Susannah's Garden, because she incorporates that book into it.
Anyhow, those were the books that hooked me. They are about women and their friendships and the relationships that are formed by people who wouldn't normally be friends, all from a knit class. And if you knit, the pattern for what they knit in the book are included.
Anyhow, she's an easy read and she reels you in hook line and sinker.
I love her as a writer and she's a great person to boot!!!!

Here is a pic of the granite tile we are getting to make our new kitchen counter tops, we are getting them so cheap!!! I am so excited, can't wait to get them and get it done!!! YAY!!! The house is coming along nicely.

Here's a great pic of my silly, lazy cat draped across the top of the computer.

Finally, a quick pic of our office, fresh paint, new carpet, new to us desk(one of Paul's friends gave it to us). The room is so pretty now it's AWESOME!!!

I just need to get it put back together.

All right, time for me to hit the hay, I've got class tomorrow and Thursday. Talk at ya all later!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love the picture of you with the author and you probably could win a contest with the one of Sammy. Love it!
    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you did a good job ! Love ya Dale

    ReplyDelete