7.02.2007

Family Reunion

This weekend was the Mauch Family Reunion. That is Paul's Mom's side of the family. Paul's Grandpa Richard is 1 of 11 children I think and they have reunions every 3-6 years. The last one I went to, I was 5 months pregnant with Isabelle and it was in Illinois as well. Here are a few pictures as I have a lot, so I figured I'd share some with you.

This is a picture of Grandpa and his brother's and sisters, 1 of his sisters wasn't able to make it as she is 90 and unable to travel. I think the other's have passed on.

This is a picture of them and their spouses. It was really hard for me to keep track of who was related by blood and who was related by marriage.

This of course to me, was the most important family there. The only one's missing are Char's husband Jeff and her 2 girls Nicole and Kendra.

Here's a pic of Isabelle with her 2 favorite Great Grandparents in the whole wide world, she was ecstatic to see them as they were her. Her and Grandpa are buddies, he wanted to take her home with them. Tell you the truth, I think I wanted the 3 of us to go home with them. Grandma turns 80 mid August and Grandpa is 84, and seeing they live 19 hours from us, it's hard to know when or if you will see them again.

I was really close with my grandparents and with them gone, I really cherish the time I have with Paul's grandparents, they have adopted me as their own as I have with them. They are the sweetest, most loving, kindest people you will ever meet. And they are still very active which is wonderful at their age.

Paul's mom and step dad rode with us, it was a really nice visit we all enjoyed it and we shared a hotel room with his sister Charlene. We had a great time swimming and going to the reunion which was 2 miles away at most from where we stayed. Friday night Paul, Char, Isabelle and I were in the pool and the power went out, which sort of scared Isabelle. But we had fun when we got back to the room, cause the front desk gave us glow sticks and we acted like we were camping.

It was a great weekend as I said. I'm glad we went.

These are some of the pictures, I'm waiting for some that we took Sunday morning, the day we left, so I may share more with you later, we will see. You all take care. Love ya all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    It's fabulous to be able to catch up with family you don't see often - it makes it all the more precious.... Looks like you had a great time there as well!!! So glad you're home now though!

    ReplyDelete