7.31.2007

Drummond Island Summer


We had a wonderful trip up north. Here are just some of the pictures...


My parents took Isabelle and I to Brimley for the most awesome Crab leg buffet ever, They are King Crab Legs, and boy oh boy are they delicious!!!! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. This was our second time going and both times on the way there Isabelle kept saying she wasn't going to eat crab... NO WAY UH UH!!! But, once we got there and she had her first bite, she was hooked. She'd be crazy not to be hooked if you ask me.


We take walks almost daily up there, we usually walk to one of our neighbors and one of these times, we went to Adelle and Ed's who is directly next door to them. Which is still a good length for a walk. Adelle has an enclosed garden and a frog pond. Isabelle enjoyed that as she LOVES frogs. When she would try to touch one they would hop away and scare her. It was pretty funny. That walk, we actually took the cat on too!!! His collar kept snapping off, as I had to buy him a new one and I didn't realize it did that. That made me quite tired carrying a 19 pound cat to and from the house. But once in the enclosed garden he got to go free. The dogs were not happy, at least not Lily, she wanted in too. It was quite humorous.


My dad got a pretty good and funny picture of Isabelle, Spencer and Lily. All 3 of them get pretty antsy when they want to go for a walk. So, my dad took them and Isabelle took the camera. The funniest part is that you're definitely not in a fashion show when you are on the island: purple hat, red shirt and pink shoes... Someone call the fashion police!!! LOL!!!!


On our trip up last time we went drift wood picking, my mom is collecting it to make signs for her garden. This was the first... of I am sure many that I will be creating for her. She found the saying, Carpe Rutrum which is Latin for Seize the Spade. Seems pretty fitting if you ask me. I sooo hate painting on things 'cause I am afraid it won't turn out and then it will be ruined, but I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. Besides the fact that I tried my hand at wood burning and it turned out pretty nice. The drift wood was so soft that it burned easy until you tried to drag the burner in a decently straightened line, so it was a lot of work to get it to look as smooth as it does.


So, that was part of our trip as it was. I have more pictures, but as usual too many to include in one post, so I will try to get more posted soon.


I have been so extremely busy, Saturday my mom and I went shopping to get some stuff that we needed after the trip.


Sunday was Paul's birthday so we spent the day together, running around, we ended up by IKEA!!! Oh my word I am addicted, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, their kitchen section and it is so so so affordable. Can't wait to go back.


I got ambitious on Monday, I started to clean the kitchen in the morning, you know the usual put dishes away, load dishwasher and wipe down the counter, straighten up the clutter, from just coming home Friday and being busy all weekend.


Well, I broke a glass that was part of a set, and seem to only have 1 left, which is odd, so I started cleaning my cabinets to find the other "non-existent" ones. It turned into a barrage of spring cleaning and scrubbing and going through cupboards, cleaning the fridge and windows in and out (yes in the 94 degree heat) .


I decided to clear out the stuff we barely use or rarely use and put the stuff I want to keep in boxes, take pictures of them to save on my computer numbered and the boxes numbered accordingly as well, then send off to storage for later. I am sooo sick of clutter and too much stuff that I am taking care of it. Anyhow, I worked on the kitchen from 7:30 in the morning until 6pm with an hour break. So, I was tired. But now I started a project that I need to finish. But I will be glad that I did.


Today, I had my first HTML class, it was AWESOME!!! It's for web page developing. I can't wait for the next one.


Well, need to go, guess I've typed enough all ready. That's what happens when I don't update in a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment