1.17.2012

Positive Thought 1-17-12

Positive Thought 1-17-12 by ~*~Jen~*~
Positive Thought 1-17-12, a photo by ~*~Jen~*~ on Flickr.

I just needed a reminder that I just need to do something cause there is so much to do that I am overwhelmed cause I keep focusing on EVERYTHING instead of just 1 thing. For instance this morning I started 4 chores around the house and keep fluttering back and forth and NOTHING is getting done... Not to mention I kept not getting to making breakfast, then I started getting cranky and hungry and not knowing why... Well that's why I just can't seem to focus this morning. But if I can just focus on 1 task at a time I will be fine.
Tonight's Dinner
Made a couple new recipes last night. I liked them both but the chicken I would add the canned grated Parmesan cheese cause I used the grated "real" cheese if you know what I mean and it didn't go far enough and I think I would use 3/4 of what the recipe calls for and do the rest in breadcrumbs.
Here are the recipes....
We had salad, Super Easy Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken and bacon wrapped asparagus
Super Easy Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
Ingredients:
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix cheese, dressing mix and garlic powder.
3. Cut chicken breasts in half length wise Moisten chicken breasts with water; coat with cheese mixture. Place in shallow baking dish.
4. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
1 lb. fresh asparagus
1 lb strips of bacon
3 tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 clove garlic - pressed/finely chopped
1/8 tsp soy sauce
directions:
Cut asparagus in half width wise then slice in half length wise then blanche asparagus in large pot till tender. meanwhile, fry the bacon in a skillet over med-low heat. you want the bacon to cook ‘soft’. do not ‘crisp’ the bacon. place aside on paper towels to cool and reduce grease. then cut the strips into halves.
after asparagus have been drained, in a pan lay one of the ‘half’(I cut in half length wise) pieces of bacon and place several asparagus (about 6-7) then wrap the bacon around the bundle of asparagus place in pan. continue doing this till the beans are gone.
melt the 3 tsp of butter in small sauce pan. add brown sugar, garlic salt and soy sauce and mix continuously over med-high heat. once completely blended, brush over the bundles with a ‘cooking’ brush until mixture is gone.
bake at 400 degrees in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
This recipe was AWESOME will make it again for sure....
Adapted from this recipe: www.justcookalready.com/2010/11/bacon-wrapped-green-beans...
He Loves Bear
Jack does not like to watch TV, he's too busy. But he is just like his sissy was when it comes to loving Bear in the Big Blue House. My sister in law had given us the Potty Time with Bear so to see if he liked it when we do all of our traveling to medical appointments. I was looking for a way to keep him distracted or busy on the road, so I got a dual screened DVD player for the kids for the car. It sort of works and at times is a life saver. BUT I've found he really LOVES LOVES LOVES Bear. I whipped it out yesterday cause I needed to get Jack distracted. He's such a busy busy boy that he's constantly getting into stuff he's not supposed to and I'm getting nothing done.
Well TODAY's fun projects besides Laundry, dishes, cleaning up a small stove fire and exercising is I am making my very own yogurt in a crock pot. A friend told me about it so I got the recipe from here: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html . bought Vanilla Soy Milk to try as my friend says it's thicker than cow's milk. Hoping it turns out. We love yogurt here!
Well time to hit the chore list. Have a Wonderful and Blessed Day....

No comments:

Post a Comment