5.26.2007

Our Resident Handy Girl


Today was Isabelle's Day...
She went with Paul this morning to get the oil changed and she got to hold a hamster and have popcorn there, then they went to Lowe's and they had a free activity for kids. So, she got to build a race car. I had called Paul and he told me what was going on, so I went out in the rainstorm to take pictures. Neither rain, snow, sleet or hail will keep me from taking pictures to scrapbook!!! Anyhow, the lady doing it, let Isabelle build another one while they were waiting for me to show up with the camera. This was the outcome. She made the whole thing, hammered all the nails in like a pro and put the stickers on. She gave her second car to her friend Kiley.
What is nice about it is that every other week we will be taking a trip to Lowe's for Isabelle to be able to build something. It's free and she gets a badge and a certificate to boot along with the craft. I need to make a sash or something so that I can sew her badges on.
So, today her cousin Amber is spending the night tonight and tomorrow night and Monday I am taking them to the new spray park at Indian Springs Metro Park. Should be a fun time. I didn't get pictures yesterday since I forgot the camera. Oh well.
I need to get time to finish up the pics from Drummond Island.
Anyhow, I've got enough pictures to digitally scrap, I should be busy for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    just wanted to let you know I was here. I'm thinking about taking the kid's at the end of the month to Lowes to make that picture frame out of tools that your husband was telling us about. Thought maybe we could meet you there if you are going also. Kiley was very excited to see Isabelle. Hope you have a wonderful day! We would like to have your family over for dinner coming up. :)Kylene

    ReplyDelete