Homemade Grateless Liquid Laundry Detergent
4TBS Borax
4TBS Washing Soda
4TBS Dawn Dish Soap
optional 4TBS Tide Stain Release Boost see the rest of the recipe further down...
So in the past I've shared detergent recipes. I have compiled a few recipes that I have found and LOVED and some I have changed up so that it meets the needs of our household.
Here they are:
These
are my tried and true homemade cleaner recipes that I have found to
work the best for me. I have made tweaks to some of the original recipes
to get the results I am looking for.
Homemade Spot Remover:
one
part DAWN dish washing liquid mixed with 2 part Hydrogen Peroxide.
Either soak stain with it or I like to keep it in a jar when I'm ready
to use it shake it then take a toothbrush dip it in and then scrub the
stain, I dip probably 2-4 times depending on the stain.
Homemade Oxy Clean
1 cup water
1/2 cup Hydrogen
Peroxide
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
Mix and soak your garment in it or what I like to do is make
a double or a triple batch and keep it in a plastic jug, I shake it up and put about 1/4 cup in each load of laundry.
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Family Sized Batch
1 bar Felz Naptha grated with a cheese grater
1 Cup Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
1 Cup 20 Mule Team Borax
4 1/2 gallons water
5 Gallon bucket.
Optional 1 Bottle Tide Stain Release Boost ( I find this helps with stains)
First grate 2/3rds of the bar of Felz Naptha (FN) enjoy the aroma :), Put it in a sauce pan add 6 cups of water and stir until the FN is melted. Add the Washing Soda and Borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups of HOT water into your bucket then add your soap mixture and stir. Now fill the bucket with more Hot water just under the rings near the top of the bucket. Stir with a large spoon and at this time add the Tide Stain Release Boost and stir. As it cools it will thicken. You can use it immediately but I prefer to let the soap sit for 24 hours to gel before the first use. I use a cup per load but you can use 1/2 a cup for a normal load to 1 cup for a heavy load.
Homemade Grateless Liquid Laundry Detergent
3TBS Borax
3TBS Washing Soda
2TBS Dawn Dish Soap
optional 2TBS Tide Stain Release Boost
put these ingredients into a gallon jug. Pour 4 cups HOT water into jug and swirl until ingredients are dissolved into liquid. Then fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the top of the container.
I use about a cup cause I am OCD as this is really thin and I will usually squeeze extra DAWN into the washing machine but I am sure it works with half a cup. Use what you are most comfortable with. I use this recipe when I'm in a bind and need to get it made up quickly but I prefer to use the Family Sized recipe as I like the consistency of it better but haven't seen a difference except I go through this liquid one so much faster.
Homemade Fabric Softener
6 cups HOT water
3 cups white vinegar
2 cups Suave Conditioner any scent and the larger bottle
Mix conditioner & hot water well, until conditioner is dissolved completely.Add the vinegar, and mix well.Store in a large container {empty fabric softener container, empty large vinegar bottle, etc}Pour into a downy ball… or use approx. 2 tbsp. in the fabric softener spot in your laundry machine… then wash!
No comments:
Post a Comment