Jack @ 22 Weeks
Originally uploaded by ~*~Jen~*~
Here is Jack 3 weeks ago. He's getting so big!!! well tomorrow I will be home for a week from the hospital was in there for a couple days shy of 3 weeks. If you follow my Flickr, facebook or my e-mails you already know but since I use this blog assort of a journal I will be repeating myself :)
My cervix is too short and so I'm on bed rest, since 20 weeks, started preterm labor with contractions and dialating at 21 weeks and at that point went to the hospital until 24 weeks when they gave me 2 steroid shots to develop Jack's lungs faster. They have me on Brethine which is a drug for asthmatics but controls contractions, I take it at 12 and 6 around the clock to keep the contractions away. I'm on the lowest dose at the greatest span of time apart for pills, so that is good cause it's working. So my bedrest allows me moderate movement, which means bathroom and shower priveledges and can heat up food or make a sandwich. I can get up and move to the couch or recliner or the lounger on the back porch.
So, Jack is getting big, my belly has doubled in size almost over night. I guess he's gaining 6 oz a week. I can feel it too, he's a kicker and a puncher and a mover and a shaker. Usually at 2am or 4 am he's got a party going on in there :) I love feeling him move but it's getting a bit uncomfortable as they are more pronounced and my bekky is stretching to max capacity, I have no idea how it's going to do when he gets even bigger. I am doing well, I've lost 3-4 pounds in the hospital so as I get smaller he gets bigger LOL.
Paul's been wonderful through all of this and my mom has been here for 3 weeks, she's been a tremendous help and blessing. I thank God for my wonderful support system daily. My friends and family have been great too at helping me keep my spirits up. My dad is coming before Father's day for little under a week visit and then he and my mom will be going home. We'll be getting a young girl to come in to help us with Isabelle during the day until my mom needs to come back. Summer vacation has me a bit nervous but it will be fine. We've been searching for months for a play structure, the wait and work finally paid off, my mom found an unbeatable deal on a trampoline and wood play structure for Isabelle, so she won't be bored this summer. We need to find a nice wading pool yet but that won't be a problem...
Other than that Isabelle's last day of school is Weds, so I will gt pics of her up soon. as always Flickr will be updated almost daily. Ididn't have access to the blog or Flickr while in the hospital.
Hope you all are well, and I will post more soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment