4.11.2011

Laundry Detergent Update

My homemade Laundry Detergent
2/3rd bar Felz Naptha grated with a cheese grater or cut with a knife when you do this is shreds on it's own (if you want 2 batches worth you can use 1/2 a bar of FN) I'm just trying it with 2/3rds this time


1 Cup Washing Soda

1 Cup Borax
* I added 30 drops of Lemon Essential Oil

you will also need a small bucket at least 2 gallons in size

First grate 2/3rds of the bar of Felz Naptha (FN) enjoy the aroma :), Put it in a sauce pan add 6 cups of water and stir until the FN is melted. Add the Washing Soda and Borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups of HOT water into your bucket then add your soap mixture and stir.Now add  22 cups of water & stir. Let the soap sit for 24 hours to gel before the first use. I use a cup per load.

The soap should look like an egg drop soup. Kind of gross looking but it works GREAT!!! Jack had orange cheese stuff from some gold fish crackers on his shirt and it sat the weekend cause of being in the hospital and it took it all out. I was quite pleased. I'll keep you posted when I wash Paul's work pants.

Out of 1 box of Borax I was able to make 6 batches of soap the Felz Naptha you can get 1-3 batches depending on how much you decide to use and I believe I have at least 1 if not 2 more batches left of my Washing Soda. I originally spent $8.18 in the beginning plus $1.39 for a second bar of soap and $5.25 for the Lemon Essential oil which is purely optional. so far for 18 gallons of soap I've spent less than $15. You DO NEED to PRE-TREAT any stains first I like to use the Clorox Bleach Pens and the Pen for Colors too...

1 comment:

  1. Wow - look how far Jack has come in the time since you have been on here.

    ReplyDelete